LIMITED TIME – INAUGURAL DISCOUNT! SAVE $125
use code SAVE125 on the checkout page
Dear friends and colleagues,
During the past 25 years, I have had the great pleasure to travel to 30 countries, providing 150 lectures, workshops, and presentations on topics ranging from pediatric balance assessment to our main focus of vestibular rehabilitation therapy (VRT). During this time The American Institute of Balance has become a well-respected global leader in clinical protocols, education, and research. The Institute has trained over 13,000 professionals from around the world. With a database of more than 150,000 patients, we have had the opportunity to develop gold standard evidence-based protocols, which we are pleased to say are used worldwide. Our dozens of research articles and textbook chapters appear as references for leading authorities in numerous specialties.
Now, I am very pleased to bring our classroom to you, anywhere in the world, at any time of the day. The Online Vestibular Rehabilitation Certificate is a culmination of years of research and proven effective evaluation and therapy protocols for patients with dizziness, vertigo, and imbalance. We are committed to you, our friends, and colleagues around the globe to help you better serve your patients.
Richard E. Gans, PhD
Become Part of the World’s Largest Network of Balance Specialists
The American Institute of Balance (AIB) is pleased to offer the online International Vestibular Rehabilitation Certificate to healthcare professionals in multiple languages with access at any time of the day, anywhere in the world. This is an Online Certificate and is intended only for those professionals living and practicing outside the United States of America.
This comprehensive Online Certificate Program was developed in response to the growing need to reach the millions of children and adults around the world who are in need of rehabilitation from vestibular and balance disorders.
Currently, the Certificate Program is available in English and soon it will be available in Mandarin, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Did You Know?
Since 1992, the AIB has provided more than 150 programs in 25 countries and trained over 13,000 practitioners in Vestibular Rehabilitation in its well-respected, live on-site workshops.
As one of the USA’s largest dizziness and balance facilities with a database of over 150,000 patients, AIB’s impact on clinical practice, education, and research has been significant. Plus, our
staff and faculty have published dozens of research articles, textbook chapters, and have developed numerous, widely used diagnostic and rehabilitation protocols.
Description of Certificate Program
This is the most comprehensive Online Vestibular Rehabilitation Certificate Program of its kind. It is the same content as the well-respected AIB live Vestibular Rehabilitation Certification Workshop, which has been attended by thousands of professionals from around the world. At the end of the course, there will be a satisfactory score of 76% or better is required. For your records, the certificate may be printed from your personal computer. It includes:
- 13 hours of lectures from AIB’s world-class interdisciplinary faculty presented in 7 Modules.
- Self-directed learning. Stop and start anytime. Watch it at your convenience.
- 325 PowerPoint slides with embedded videos, figures, and graphics.
- 80 Video demonstrations of nystagmus, abnormal eye movement, patients, all Canalith Repositioning Maneuvers (CRM), and Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapies (VRT).
- 70+ Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy exercises and protocols for the clinician and home-based therapy programs.
- Patient Education materials for common conditions.
- Patient self-assessment tools and forms.
- Unlimited access to the AIB Online Library of more than 3,000 scientific articles, with 270+, added each year.
- Listing as an “International Certificate” on dizzy.com.
Certification Renewal is available every two-years for a small fee and successful completion of an examination and case studies, based on a selection of scientific articles from the AIB online library.
At the conclusion of the Certificate Program, attendees will be able to…
- Describe peripheral and central vestibular anatomy and physiology.
- Explain the concept of central compensation and those factors affecting its
- Name the most common otologic and non-otologic conditions which may cause dizziness, vertigo, and imbalance.
- Demonstrate the most sensitive bedside/clinical evaluation protocols which identify candidates for treatment and proper triage.
- Select the appropriate Canalith Repositioning Maneuvers for all forms of BPPV.
- Describe the relationship of the cervical spine in the management of the “dizzy” patient.
- Perform diagnosis-based adaptation-habituation and substitution VRT protocols and outcome measures.
Who Should Register?
The world does not have one sole profession identified to evaluate and treat (non-medically) individuals with equilibrium disorders. Each country may have numerous and varied healthcare providers who fill this role. Therefore, in recognition of this variation, the minimum requirement, is at least an earned bachelor’s degree or professional certificate in one of the following specialties:
- Hearing & Speech Specialists
- Occupational Therapists
- Physical Therapists
- Physical Medicine
- Rehabilitation Specialists
Your tuition will range from $150 to $400 USD based on the country you reside in and recommendations provided by the World Health Organization (WHO). Our goal is to make the Certificate Program available to all appropriate healthcare professionals without the barriers of cost.