VideoNystagmography (VNG), Vestibular Evoked Myogenic Potentials (VEMP), Video Head
Impulse Test (vHIT), and Rotary Chair: Protocols and Practice
This 2-day (16- hour) workshop will provide attendees with an in-depth overview of the
most powerful clinical vestibular assessment tools used today. These tests and strategies
will be explored related to building a time and cost-effective clinical protocol. The AIB faculty
will share their evidence-based protocols and strategies, developed over two decades with
100,000+ patient data.
This new information will provide the clinician with the necessary tools to offer a more
efficient and productive means of management for the chronic dizzy patient. The workshop
will provide attendees with evidence-based clinical protocols for VNG, VHIT, and VEMP,
and Rotary Chair, case studies, and management strategies for best practice. Additionally,
Medical Report writing will be emphasized by utilizing proven techniques to clearly and
concisely communicate test findings and recommendations to both family practice and
At the conclusion of the workshop attendees will be able to:
- Describe the specifics and respective applications of the VNG, VHIT, VEMP, and Rotary Chair.
- Recognize the preferred examination administration and protocols of each test
- Identify the most commonly seen abnormalities for each e.g. vestibular neuritis etc.
- Compare the relative practical value of each test within a diagnostic efficiency and predictive value format.
- List the most effective and evidence-based management strategies based on test findings, including writing an accurate and concise Medical Report.
Attendees will have a hands-on opportunity to practice and be coached in all test protocols by AIB’s experienced faculty.
Audiologists, Medical Doctors (MD, DO)