Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information (Patients)
As of May 4, 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Dear Valued AIB Patient,
Without a doubt, our community has been through a lot over the last few months. We hope this notice finds you and
your family healthy, safe, and well. As we begin to navigate back to normal and fall into our routines, we want to
ensure that while things have changed, our commitment to our patient’s safety has always been, and will
continue to be our priority.
As you may have seen during your previous visits to our office(s), cleanliness and infection control practices have
always been stringent. We at The American Institute of Balance follow strict guidelines outlined by the U.S. Centers
for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and other
governing and ethics boards. The following includes what AIB has always done to ensure guidelines are being met,
and is by no means a comprehensive list:
- We sterilize all instruments to properly kill all germs and bacteria
- We sanitize all surfaces with medical-grade disinfectants
- We use protection barriers/covers on all surfaces that we are not able to properly sterilize
- All equipment is cleaned regularly using a medical-grade disinfectant.
- Hand washing practices are always followed and exam gloves are used when appropriate.
In addition to our normal cleaning/disinfecting practices, you may notice, or be subject to, the below measures.
These changes and practices have been implemented to assist in the protection of our patients, providers, and staff as
well as reduce the risk of exposure.
- When appointments are scheduled our staff will be asking screening questions that may dictate whether a
the patient is seen or needs to be scheduled for a later date
- Patients may have only one family member or friend accompany them to their appointment. They will also
be asked screening questions
- Patient and those who accompany them will be required to bring and utilize a face mask to be utilized for
the entire appointment
- All patients and their designated family member/friend will have their temperature taken upon arrival
- All AIB employees’ temperatures are taken in the morning prior to entering the clinic
- Any patient, family member/friend, or employee with a temperature of 100 o F or more will not be
permitted into the clinic
- We have placed additional hand sanitizing stations for your convenience
- We have removed the magazines, pens, patient education pamphlets, and other reading material from the
waiting room to help the control the spread of germs
- Patient appointments are more staggered to limit the number of people in the office at a single time
- Our waiting room seats have been distanced to reduce the spread of germs
- We are being extra-vigilant in our cleaning practices and are using disinfectants to clean commonly used
areas more frequently throughout the day
- AIB Staff and Providers will be donned in appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), which may
include masks, gloves, gowns, and face-shields when appropriate.
If at any time you have any questions, concerns, or would like to know more about our screening
questions/requirements, please do not hesitate to reach out to our office at (727) 398-5728. Our office hours are
Monday-Thursday, 9:00am-5:00pm and Fridays, 8:00am-4:00pm.Thank you for being a part of The American Institute of Balance family. We look forward to your next visit with us.
AIB Providers and Staff